Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Plymouth, Massachusetts

When I woke yesterday, it was quite foggy. It took most of the morning to burn off. When it did, I departed for Plymouth, Mass. a 45 minute flight.

There I was met by Marcum Scott, a member of the EAA club. While we had lunch at the cafe on the field, a newspaper reporter interviewed me.

Soon Mike Butts (president of the club) showed up and he showed me his hanger. He is restoring a Taylorcraft, has 2 Avid Flyer projects, a completed kitfox and various RC models. 

About 6:00 other members showed up, and we went to dinner at a Chinese restaurant. This club makes me feel like Royalty!

After Supper I met Mike Semenovich, a cancer survivor who moved here from Russia in the 70's. He is a pilot. We went for a ride in Purple Passion and saw the fog bank moving in from the ocean.

We then went to the club meeting where I was asked to speak about my Mission.

Mark then brought me to his home where I spent the nite. Today rain is forecast, so I will lay over here today. Mark plans to take me to see Plymouth Rock, where the Pilgrims landed in 1620. Then to Cape Cod. What a great guy and club!

No comments:

Post a Comment