Thursday, May 14, 2015

9 down, 39 to go

Good evening everyone!

This morning when I called for a flight briefing, the briefer told me I was in the Washington, D.C. restricted flying zone and that I had to take an F.A.A. course and get a certificate to even fly out of there! So I talked to several people who had various opinions. Finally I located a flight instructor in Winchester, Va. who assured me I had not busted the zone. All of that killed about 2 hours. My friend back home, Lyle Holland got online and plotted me a course around the D.C. area and the restricted area of Camp David. Obama was there for the weekend. I thought the week-end did not start til Friday afternoon! Maybe there is one set of rules for politicians and another for tax paying citizens!
Smirk!
I was met by John (Jack) Savage who knew a cancer victim in his flying club chapter. But as yet he has not been able to reach him. Pray that I will find one by morning. I hate to leave a stare without at least talking to one. Tomorrow I plan to fly to Delaware.
Sorry, no pictures tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment