Wednesday, May 27, 2015

22nd State

My departure from Waynesburg was delayed due to rain til after noon. I flew to Fairmont, West Virginia above the scattered clouds. There a local pilot,
Milan Patrick, shared lunch with me.

I departed and headed toward Lima, Ohio where my son, Randy lives. I climbed to 4500 feet, but was soon met by clouds whose base was at my altitude. The cloud tops were up to 7,000 feet and building. So I dropped down to 3,000 feet. After an hour I saw dark clouds ahead and decided to land and check the weather forecast.

Lima had severe thunderstorm warnings, and 30 minutes ahead was rain. So I opted to spend the nite in Cambridge, Ohio.

The airport operators were very nice, they helped me fuel my plane then put it in a hanger for the nite.

About bedtime the storm hit with heavy rain and lightening!

The weather should be clear enough for me to continue this morning. I plan to stay a few days with my son and rest up.

No comments:

Post a Comment