Thursday, May 28, 2015

Lima, Ohio

When I woke yesterday, it was cloudy.
I checked out of the motel, had breakfast then went to the airport. I called for a weather report and found the ceiling of clouds was 1,200 feet above the runway.
Some of the ridges were 400 feet higher.
Not enough margin for a safety. So I had to wait til the clouds lifted.

About 10:00 they did, so I departed for the 2 1/2 hour trip to Bluffton, Ohio where my older Son, Randy lives. He and his son, Bryden and daughter, Aubren met me at the airport and took me to lunch. 

A lady from Church, Ali Bingham, brought her 2 year old son, Noah to see my plane. It was too windy to take him flying, but I put him in the seat and let him fly!
Hopefully I can upload pictures of him that Aubren took.

After lunch, a newspaper reporter came and did an interview. In his article he invited cancer victims to come to Church Saturday nite, and both services Sunday morning. My son, the paster is allowing me to give my testimony at each of the services!

It is so nice to be with my son and his family! I finally got caught up on my sleep last nite!

A friend I made here a few years ago,
Craig Fisher, also a pilot, flew over from a neighboring airport to greet me.

Today the clouds are gone that I had to fly under the last 2 days. There are blue skies everywhere. Thank you Lord for this beautiful day you have made, I will rejoice in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment