Saturday, May 2, 2015

4 down, 44 to go

May 2

Today Dave Spence and I flew to Roy Ray Field in Alabama for their big Fly-in. Dave is a pilot, but had not been flying for many years. I let him fly most of the time and he did remarkably well! There was a big crowd and there must have been 40 planes. As we mingled and met folks Dave one way and I another, we talked about my mission. Dave met a lady whose daughter was a cancer survivor, so he asked her to call her daughter and ask  if she would like to ride. She would! So in an hour or so she showed up with her husband and I took her for a ride. Both she and her husband want to learn to fly. I am sorry, I am having trouble uploading her picture! Maybe tomorrow.

There was hamburgers, hot dogs and pulled pork for lunch along with baked beans, potato salad and Cole slaw. Then for dessert, there was strawberry/pecan home-made ice cream! They had a Popping Johnny (John Deere) motor to churn the ice cream.


I also took a 10 year old girl for a ride as a Young Eagle. Her picture will follow tomorrow.

Tonight I will stay with Phillip and Kelly Teel, friends from when I lived here.  Kelly asked me to give her a ride, so about 6:00 we will get up in the air! Then we will go out to eat.

Tomorrow I plan to go to Church at Crossroads Church of the Nazarene where I attended when I lived here.

I still have not located a cancer patient or survivor in Florida, so if you know anyone, let me know! Please!

That is all for today, so I am asking for Gods blessings on all who have cancer!












1 comment: