Monday, May 11, 2015

God works in Mysterious ways

When I landed in Elberton, Ga. I tried to fuel up, but the pump would not turn on. So I flew on to Anderson, South Carolina. I borrowed a courtesy car and drove to town to have lunch. As yet I had no passenger for South Carolina. I saw a beautiful Church, Oakwood Baptist. There was a car parked by a pavilion, so I stopped there. Five ladies were having a picnic, so I introduced myself and told them about my mission, and asked if they knew anyone who was a cancer victim. Yes, one of them, Linda Grant had just been diagnosed with Cancer! I offered her encouragement, prayed for her, and gave her a DVD of my testimony. The ladies invited me to come to Church Sunday morning.

So I spent the nite and attended Church. There I met Linda's husband who told me how much Linda appreciated what I did for her. The Pastor, Jeff Davis announced to the congregation what I was doing.

After church I went to lunch. A young man from church came up and introduced himself. Scott Hughes picked up my check and paid for my lunch! There one of the ladies from the pavilion was having lunch with her family. Her daughter, Sharon has cancer. So I encouraged her, prayed for her and gave her a DVD of my testimony. Neither Sharon or Linda accepted my offer for a plane ride, but I got to witness to both.

Had the fuel pump in Elberton worked, I would not have stopped in Anderson. God wanted me to meet those two ladies. I wonder if the fuel pump in Elberton works today!

I flew on to Rock Hill, South Carolina where I spent the nite. This morning I will meet Brittany Hilton who is currently being treated for cancer, and give her a ride. Then I will continue on to Roxboro, North Carolina.

God works in mysterious ways, his will to perform!






4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story with me. You are truly and inspiration. Thank you for letting God work through you. It was an amazing start to my Monday. Together we will all help you accomplish your goals. Thank you again for such a great experience.

    Your sister in Christ,

    Brittany Hilton

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful your trip is going well and God has allowed you to be able to do this. Miss you at TLBC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete