Thursday, August 20, 2015

45 down, 3 to go

Today was a better day! I departed Craig early and had smooth air to Rawlins, Wyoming. I fueled up, and flew on to Douglas, Wyoming. Sue loaned me a courtesy car to go to town for lunch. I told her the mission I am on.

I fueled again then checked AWOS for Newcastle, Wyoming. The runway was closed, so I diverted to Custer, South Dakota which is near Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse monuments.
I have finally cleared the Rocky Mountains! A hundred miles east of here the elevations will be less than 2,000 feet all the way home. I will be able to breath again without wearing oxygen!

Tomorrow I will proceed to Tea, South Dakota, former home of Ed Ludke and Netty. There I will be met by EAA chapter members Alan Amdahl and Bruce (sorry I don't remember your last name). I believe Ed and Netty are there now. I look forward to seeing them. They are special people, they host our chapters monthly pancake breakfast and Fly-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment