Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Ulysses, Kansas

After giving Peggy a ride, Helen took me to Bob's hanger to look at 2 P-51 Mustangs! In my opinion, the most beautiful aircraft ever built! Bob had restored both. Wow!

I loaded up and departed for Colorado, making a fuel/rest stop in Ulysses, Kansas. On downwind I had a 30 mph tailwind out of 150deg. I was landing on runway 17 (170 deg.) I was busy landing in that 20 deg. Crosswind of 20 mph, but my plane did fine.

I had lunch then called Lyle to check on weather. A front coming across the Rockies was not conducive to going there for a few days. So I changed my plans and will not go to Colorado at this time. I will go to New Mexico instead. High winds here kept me grounded, so I found a room and spent the nite.

High winds are still present this morning with wind shear, so I will have to wait a while to depart.

No comments:

Post a Comment