Thursday, July 30, 2015

Albuquerque

I left Tucumcari early and headed for Albuquerque. The elevation of the land kept rising from 4,000 feet at Tucumcari to 6,500 feet. So I had to keep climbing.
To clear the mountains south of Albuquerque I climbed to 10,000 feet.

I landed at Mid Valley Airpark, in Las Lunas where I was met by a resident, Howard Stansell. He was very helpful. I called my hosts, Frank and Brooksene Thompson to let them know I had arrived. I had not had cell phone service at Tucumcari nor along the way until I got past the mountains at Albuquerque. Thanks for nothing AT&T!

Carol Campbell, A cancer survivor and Frank showed up about noon. After getting acquainted, I took Carol for a ride.

Then Carol took us to Belen for a Mexican lunch at Pete's. I had enchiladoes that were the best I have ever had. The restaurant parking lot had built a roof over the parking lot to keep patrons autos from getting too hot.

Pete Eddinger called to say a storm was brewing and I needed to put my plane in a hanger. Manual Lopez let me use his hanger. Thanks to all these wonderful people! They all are so very nice and friendly.

Carol dropped me off at a motel to spend the nite. The weather was not conducive to continue on to Arizona. I hope it clears enough this morning to depart.

No comments:

Post a Comment