Tuesday, July 14, 2015

30 down 18 to go

This morning I departed Osceola, Iowa for Kearney, Nebraska. Stopped in Crete, Neb. for fuel and a short break. The TV station had wanted to do a live interview at 12:30, but I met with 17 mph headwind, and was afraid I could not make it in time so we postponed it! :-(

I was met by Roger Carlsen of the EAA chapterand shortly Connie from the Cancer Society with cancer survivor Mae Smith arrived. I took Mae for a ride over the city and Platte River. Roger took me to the motel, then Mae took me to lunch at Perkins. I had half a BLT and Tomato Basil soup that was outstanding.

I came to my room and logged my flight and planned my trip to Independence, Kansas tomorrow.

Roger will pick me up at 6:15 and take me to chapter meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment